"It is my goal to empower my clients towards self-determination and ownership of their stories and lives."
Why I became a therapist
Hi, my name is Nicole and I became a therapist to provide and advocate for quality mental health care! I aim to support anyone who feels they will benefit from therapy regardless of background, socioeconomic status, racial identity, etc. I believe that mental health should be tended to over the life course, not just when we are in crisis or struggling. My goal is to create an environment where clients feel empowered to open up about their lives and create meaningful change.
Who I work with
I work with individuals who are experiencing life adjustments, relationship issues, anxiety, depression, trauma, and more. My area of expertise is working with adolescents and young adults who are facing these issues and learning to navigate and overcome barriers in their lives. I am especially interested in working with couples to improve trust, communication, and intimacy. I also work with families and parents on processing their emotional needs, stressors, and past trauma as they relate to caring for their children.
"I believe that mental health should be tended to over the life course, not just when we are in crisis or struggling."
Working With Me
As a therapist, I take a collaborative, client-centered and trauma-informed approach. In our work together I will provide a safe, judgement-free space where I am able to address and meet your needs with curiosity and an open mind. It is my goal to empower my clients towards self-determination and ownership of their stories and lives. I will provide ongoing support to help you cope with whatever obstacles or feelings that may arise in our work together. I believe that trust is the foundation of every therapeutic relationship and am committed to ensuring your safety and autonomy.
Qualifications and trainings
- I earned my Master of Social Work in Mental Health and my bachelor’s degree in Psychology from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (UMI);
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR);
- I am certified in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT);
- I am trained and certified in Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT).
- I have completed Level 1 & Level 2 Gottman Method Couples Therapy, which is based on over 40 years of research on couples and relationships.